Jaco van der Laan is a Senior Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Consultant Architect, Design, Development, Training.
Microsoft BI – SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2012 – Tableau Rapid-fire BI – CRM
Transact SQL – Analysis Services SSAS – MDX
ETL – Integration Services SSIS
Data Modeling – Data Vault – Database Design
Dimensional Modeling – Kimball
Reporting Services SSRS
Methodology SCRUM – TFS
Now studying: Big Data, Power BI, Power View, SQL Server 2014, Data Vault 2.0
Investor in education, recent conferences attended:
– PASS SQLRally 2013 Amsterdam
– PASS Summit 2013 Charlotte
– PASS Business Analytics Conference 2013 Chicago
– PASS Summit 2012 Seattle
– European PASS Conference 2010
– Tableau European Customer Conference 2012 Barcelona
– Tableau European Customer Conference 2011 Amsterdam
– Tableau International Customer Conference 2011 Las Vegas
More than 20 years of experience applying information technology and creating business intelligence solutions. Very effective in translating customer requirements into IT solutions by performing information analysis, creating functional designs and data models.
Broad experience implementing RDMS like SQL Server and modeling datawarehouses / data marts using Kimball / Data Vault methodology. Very skilled in writing T-SQL queries.
Knowledge and experience within a great diversity of industries.